The articles solo and small firm attorneys found most interesting this week.
From legal technology to law firm marketing, the Law Firm Suites blog has everything you need to learn how to run a successful law practice.
1. Technology that Saves My Solo Practice Time and Money
Using technology in your law practice frees up more time for you to do billable client work. Solo attorney, Joleena Louis, shares some of the technology she uses to make her solo practice more efficient.
2. The “Written” And “Unwritten” Rules of Conference Room Etiquette
There are both “written” and “unwritten” rules for using a conference room. Make sure you have the best conference room etiquette possible with these simple steps and you’ll find yourself increasing your referral potential in your shared law office space.
3. Your Law Firm Marketing Plan Wastes Billable Time, Here’s How You Fix It
Are you struggling to achieve the results you want with your law firm marketing? Law Firm Suites founder, Stephen Furnari, shares how you can increase profits by making informed adjustments to your current marketing plan.
4. Are Lawyers Horrible Bosses?
Some lawyers are terrible at being bosses, but is it the lawyer or the profession itself that created this phenomenon? Check out these seven reasons why a lot of brilliant lawyers make bad managers and how it affects their profits.
5. How I Improved Client Communication in My Solo Practice
Lawyers can never work enough on improving communications with clients. Solo attorney, Joleena Louis shares how working on her communication increased client retention and satisfaction in her law practice.
6. The Most Brilliant Solo Attorney Business Card We’ve Ever Seen (and Why You’ll be Jealous You Didn’t Think of It)
A good business card can help you stand out among the competition. See why Stephen Furnari thinks this particular business card is genius marketing.
7. The Pros and Cons of Choosing to be a Solo Attorney
Many attorneys decide to go solo because it gives them the freedom to be their own boss. However, there are some disadvantages that solo attorneys forget to consider or couldn’t know before hanging a shingle. Learn the pros and cons of becoming a solo attorney before you take that big step.
8. What You Must Know to Write a Law Firm Marketing Plan that Will Produce Results
A good marketing plan can be the key to running a success law practice, but you could be setting yourself up for failure if you don’t review your firm’s previous performance. Founder of Law Firm Suites, Stephen Furnari, shows you how to improve your marketing by drilling down on your firm’s profit and loss statement as a predictor next year’s financials.
9. 4 Bad Habits that Could Inhibit the Growth of my Solo Law Practice
We all have bad habits, but some bad habits can prevent the success of your law practice. Joleena Louis shares the bad habits she struggles as a solo attorney with and how she plans to break them.
10. Helping Friends with Legal Problems: 5 Tips to do it Right
When attorneys decide to mix business with friendship, they risk putting a strain on their personal relationships. Follow these tips to learn how to help a friend with their legal problems without damaging your relationship.